It’s a new month, which means we’ve got even more Curated Playlists in our Catalog:
Yes, this is the fifth iteration in a few weeks time. But it's critical for experimentation... and if we can get it right, we may be the first in the industry to really scale our support for your projects broadcast on TV and the music licensing needs! So, much iteration, for a good cause.
Plus, we empathize: Cue Sheets are just plain confusing—so here's what we've changed to respond to that with more clarity and a different process to support our members.
Through this update, we are providing a new pathway for you to get more context on if/why you should share a TV Contact (Email Address) with us from the network you are providing video for.
We are removing the ask for any member – YOU! – to send us a Cue Sheet at Broadcast@soundstripe.com because it’s still a headache to gather the required information when it’s really in the TV Network’s hands. (It’s a lot of unnecessary back-and-forth, so we're removing that headache for you.)
Additionally, we are positioning the Copyright Information Sheet for download as your backup for any other TV use needs you may have.
• In the Download Modal: If you checked "Yes" to TV use in License Info, the black button text changed from "Submit Cue Sheet" to: "Complete Next Steps."
• Cue Sheets for TV modal changes: "We totally understand that Cue Sheets are complicated & your time is valuable! We are here to simplify it for you. Do you have a network or cable TV point person & their contact information for this project? Yes / No"
• If Yes, "Our Customer Care team is here to do the legwork to collaborate with your contact to acquire the complex details for your project’s Cue Sheet needs. Simply share your Network / Cable TV Contact’s email address with us, and we will get to work for you—so you can focus on what you do best!" [SUBMIT]
• If No, "No problem! Just share this Copyright Information Sheet for the song with the agency or network." [DOWNLOAD] (link to Copyright Information Sheet)
• Once these next steps are completed, in Download Modal, the button state changes to "Submitted Contact Info" and/or "Downloaded Copyright Info" so the customer has a reference for where they left off in this process if it was for TV Use, next time they open the Download modal on a licensed song
• On the Licenses page, changed "Submit Cue Sheet" to "Complete for TV" and link to the "Complete Next Steps" Modal
• On the Licenses page, once a TV Contact email is provided change link to static text: "Submitted Contact Info (TV)"
• On the Licenses page, once a user has downloaded the copyright info change link to "Download Copyright Info"
Now, when someone submits an invalid email/password combination 10 times consecutively, they are locked out of the site for 1 hour.
But fear not! If you’re locked out accidentally, you can always just reset your password. If it's really you and your account, we're simply insuring only you have access to get in by following that link after 10 unsuccessful attempts. Safe and sound!